Bison & Baby Brown Mushroom Soup With Quinoa and Kale
Submitted by LeeAnn Trynoski, Colorado Buffalo Grill Inc. /RL Bison Ranch
- 2 lb Ground Bison
- 2 lb baby brown mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 whole fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped fine (seeds removed)
- 1 bunch of parsley chopped
- 48 oz of vegetable stock
- 48 oz of water
- 1 big bunch of kale, chopped (veins removed)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- Chopped scallions (for garnish)
- Prepare Quinoa; bring four cups of water to a boil, add two cups quinoa, return to boil, cover and turn off heat and set aside.
- Sautee onion, garlic, jalapeno, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes in olive oil.
- Add Ground Bison and Mushrooms cook through.
- Add vegetable stock and water, simmer.
- Add cream cheese
- Right before serving, stir in Kale.
- To serve, put ½ cup of the reserved quinoa in each soup bowl.
- Add soup.
- Garnish with chopped scallions.
- Makes about 10 to 12 cups soup.
- Note: Keep quinoa separate for leftovers, Enjoy
Courtesy of National Bison Association (NBA) www.bisoncentral.com
Official link to article: http://www.bisoncentral.com/bison-recipes/creamy-bison-baby-brown-mushroom-soup