- 8-10 oz Bison Strip Steak
- 4 medium Red Onion
- 1 ½ c Sugar
- 2T Red Curry Paste
- 1 can of Unsweetened Coconut milk
- 1T minced Garlic
- 1T chopped fresh Rosemary
- Season Bison Strip Steak with salt and black pepper generously on both sides.
- Place on heated grill; cook each side for about 5 minutes to achieve a Medium Rare to Medium or to about 130 internal temperature.
- In a sauce pot add olive oil and sauté onions, garlic till translucent.
- Add sugar and coconut milk and curry paste (if you do not like spicy food, then do not add Curry Paste or cut in by half) and whisk until paste is dissolved.
- Reduce until you have a thick glaze consistency, fold in fresh chopped Rosemary.
- Place Steak on plate and top with the Red Onion Marmalade and serve.
Courtesy of National Bison Association (NBA) www.bisoncentral.com
Official link to article: http://www.bisoncentral.com/bison-recipes/bison-strip-steak-spicy-red-onion-marmalade