- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup vintage character or ruby Port
- ½ pint blackberries
- ¼ cup demi glace (suggested: “More Than Gourmet” instant demi glace)
- 1-2 teaspoons brown sugar or honey
- Sauté minced shallots in olive oil until soft.
- Add port and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add fresh berries (reserving a few for garnish) and demi glace, simmering and smashing with a fork for about 10 minutes.
- Balance acidity with brown sugar or honey.
- When sauce tastes rich and thick, strain and reserve.
For a creamier sauce, whisk in 1 tablespoon of fat free sour cream into cooled sauce. Serve at room temperature.
Courtesy of National Bison Association (NBA) www.bisoncentral.com
Official link to article: http://www.bisoncentral.com/bison-recipes/blackberry-port-sauce-ultimate-serving-sauce-grilled-bison