- 2 each 12 ounce bone in KY bison filets
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of leeks, diced and soaked
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon good quality extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon good quality smoked sea salt
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pot on medium heat, melt the butter and add the leeks.
- Season with salt and pepper, put the pot on low and slowly simmer the leeks until buttery. Keep warm.
- Season the bison filet and char on a hot grill to the desired temperature. After cooking allow to rest for 5 minutes
- For the rosemary oil: warm oil and rosemary gently in a small sauté pan to infuse the flavor
- To finish: divide the leeks evenly in the center of two dinner plates, place the bison filet on top, garnish with the oil, sprig of rosemary and smoked salt
Courtesy of National Bison Association (NBA) www.bisoncentral.com