- 5 lbs. bison (preferably roast)
- 2 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon course black pepper
- 6 teaspoon cumin (powdered)
- 3 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoon ground pasillla (or ground chili powder)
- 4 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 2 jalapeno chili peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ large red onion
- 1 15 oz. can tomatoes sauce (2 cans of water also)
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 oz. beer
- 4 tablespoon oil
- Cube bison meat into small cubes about the size of end of finger. Frosted meat cuts easier.
- Chop onion fine
- Roast and peel jalapeno peppers. Split, remove insides and seeds, chop.
- Peel tomatoes, and dice (should yield one to 1.5 cups).
- Place meat, onion, garlic and jalapeno in 1 gallon pot
- Cook above ingredients in pot, stirring frequently until meat is grey.
- Add tomato sauce and other spices,. Crush oregano before adding.
- Add one can of water and save one to add as necessary.
- Simmer for one to 1.5 hours.
- Allow chili to get thick, but add water as necessary.
- Drink remaining beer while waiting.
Courtesy of National Bison Association (NBA) www.bisoncentral.com